Technical information about Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 is Microsoft's latest version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly known as "Navision").
Technically, the Foundation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 is:
- a powerful Microsoft. Net foundation
- 3-tier architecture
- and supports Web services
that makes it easier to integrate the solution with Microsoft's other products, such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365, and not least the other websites/Web solutions, so that data can flow more easily between the various systems.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 is based on the following technical architecture:
and can be installed on a Microsoft SQL server 2008R2 or newer. VisionPeople Consulting recommend the newest version of SQL.
Dynamics NAV 2016 is "in the Office and on the Azure", which provides the following benefits:
- integrated into the Office365 (Microsoft Office in the cloud)
- the solution can be deployed on Azure (Microsoft's cloud-based server platform)
- Dynamics NAV 2016 is available as Windows-client, Web client, Ipad/Tablet and now also on smartphones
- better integrated to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online (see also VisionCRMConnector)